Open Position – Travel Center Manager
*Full- Time *Exempt Status *Wage: to be determined based on education and experience.
A results driven store manager will be responsible for the overall store management. This position is accountable and required to perform the following functions: Customer Service, cash handling and accounting, stocking, pricing, rotating, and displaying of merchandise, housekeeping inside and outside of store, store safety and store security, deli food sales, etc.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED
• Business management experience preferred
• Accounting experience with Quick Books experience preferred
• Able to pass a background check as required by Federal law after conditional offer of employment is made
• Must have positive verifiable work references
• Current Driver’s License
• Promote and resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner
• Implement and enforce daily operating procedures to ensure store cleanliness, stocked adequately, clean, organized and well kept
• Monitors profitability of the Travel Center, daily retail gasoline competitors to promote quality services at a competitive price, implement monthly promotions and insures all POS advertising/signage is properly posted
• Manage the daily operations of the Travel Center
• Ensures all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and displayed in a safe manner
• Maintain quality brand image standards as pass evaluations
• Supervise and discipline all store employees according to company policy
• Assist in the recruiting of, recommend for hire, training positive employees to become members of the Shawnee Travel Center team, ensuring excellent customer service
• Motivate, encourage, and challenge store cashiers
• Has the physical ability to perform cashier duties and performs regularly scheduled and as needed cashier duties.
• Report and process all employee and/or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure
• Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner following established protocol, monitors cash over/short, inventory shrinkage and drive offs daily
• Understands all information necessary in the daily reporting of store operations
• Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures
• Communicate and perform all price change request, mark down/ups as requested
• Conduct regular safety and security meetings documenting with employee attendance signatures
• Follow and enforce all policies and procedures in store operations
• Completes daily paperwork and submits financial reports in a timely manner
• Able to perform all duties of the store cashier
• Implement and enforce established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, safe, stocked and operating in accordance to all established protocols
Native American preference policy is as follows: Legally enrolled Eastern Shawnee Tribal members shall be given preference if the tribal member’s experience, qualifications, training, and all other criteria included in the job posting are equal. Tribal Members or Citizens of other Federally Recognized Tribes shall have second preference following the same criteria, followed by any other applicants. (Resolution # 021011-R-03) Only Certified Degree of Indian Blood cards will be accepted as verification of Native American Heritage for other tribes. Copy of CDIB card must be included with application. To apply, you must fill out our standard application form. You can attach a resume to the application if you desire. Applications are available at our Social Services Building, located at 10080 S. Bluejacket Road, Wyandotte, OK 74370 or request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 918-666-5152, ext. 1021, if you have any questions.
Posting will be open until filled